Director Roger Vadim made lots of tacky movies starring his various wives in various states of undress. But Barbarella, the comic-book sci-fi epic featuring a briefly topless pre-workout Jane Fonda as la bimbo fatale d’espace exterieur, may be the tackiest, a conclusion suggested by this laserdisc’s widescreen transfer (a first for this movie) and digital sound. The spaceship’s interior, for example, looks like the master bedroom at Hugh Hefner’s place, while the faux-rock score evokes Tom Jones with a lobotomy. For soft-core porn and cheesy effects, stick with a tape of Flesh Gordon.
Genre: Comedy, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Jane Fonda, John Phillip Law, David Hemmings, Marcel Marceau, Milo O'Shea, Anita Pallenberg; Director: Roger Vadim; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters