*Film rights to Criminal Conversation by Evan Hunter, a.k.a. Ed McBain, went for a reported high six- figure sum to Cruise-Wagner Productions (yes, that Cruise). *Simon & Schuster spent $10 million for a four-book deal with Lonesome Dove author Larry McMurtry.
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video