Once again, people are being replaced by soulless replicas that emerge from squishy alien pods. This time the setting is a U.S. Army base, where EPA scientist Steve Malone (Terry Kinney) arrives with his wife (Meg Tilly), their 5-year-old son (Reilly Murphy), and his teenage daughter (Gabrielle Anwar) from a previous marriage. Abel Ferrara’s direction is inky and somber, with some of the creeping bad-dream naturalism of George Romero’s Living Dead films. As pop sociology, this Body Snatchers is the skimpiest yet, but the special effects have a queasy originality (the pods sprout wormy tentacles that wrap around people’s faces), and Ferrara gets a quietly compelling performance out of Gabrielle Anwar.
Starring: Gabrielle Anwar, Meg Tilly; Starring: R. Lee Ermey, Terry Kinney, Forest Whitaker, Billy Wirth; Director: Abel Ferrara; Author: Stuart Gordon, Dennis Paoli, Nicholas St. John; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!