This sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but Fortress is more than the sum of its homages. Christopher Lambert, who’s fast becoming a sort of nouveau riche Jean-Claude Van Damme, is thrown into a corporate-run prison circa 2017 where an often-gorily enforced form of mind control keeps inmates in line. His crime? Impregnating his wife, who is also incarcerated, for an illegal second time. With help from perpetually wired Jeffrey Combs as the prison computer whiz, Lambert escapes. Director Stuart Gordon, best known for the audacious horror flick Re-Animator, throws in a good amount of his patented ickiness as well as some sharp satire.
FortressThis sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but FortressAction/Adventure, Sci-fi and FantasyRThis sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but 1994-02-18Jeffrey CombsLoryn LocklinKurtwood SmithJeffrey Combs, Loryn Locklin, Kurtwood Smith
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Christopher Lambert, Jeffrey Combs, Loryn Locklin, Kurtwood Smith; Director: Stuart Gordon; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover