This sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but Fortress is more than the sum of its homages. Christopher Lambert, who’s fast becoming a sort of nouveau riche Jean-Claude Van Damme, is thrown into a corporate-run prison circa 2017 where an often-gorily enforced form of mind control keeps inmates in line. His crime? Impregnating his wife, who is also incarcerated, for an illegal second time. With help from perpetually wired Jeffrey Combs as the prison computer whiz, Lambert escapes. Director Stuart Gordon, best known for the audacious horror flick Re-Animator, throws in a good amount of his patented ickiness as well as some sharp satire.
FortressThis sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but FortressAction/Adventure, Sci-fi and FantasyRThis sci-fi thriller offers clever nods to antecedents that range from Alien to Stalker to The Twilight Zone, but 1994-02-18Jeffrey CombsLoryn LocklinKurtwood SmithJeffrey Combs, Loryn Locklin, Kurtwood Smith
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Christopher Lambert, Jeffrey Combs, Loryn Locklin, Kurtwood Smith; Director: Stuart Gordon; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set
- Miley Cyrus guest hosts 'Ellen' for sick Ellen DeGeneres
- Mel Gibson in talks for spy movie 'Every Other Weekend'