How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'
- 'Jackie' set for U.S. premiere at the New York Film Festival
- Eve Plumb (yes, that Eve Plumb!) joins 'The Path' for season 2
- 'Scream Queens' clip: See Lea Michele's Hester go full Hannibal Lecter
- JoJo, Daya, more encourage first-time voters to lose their 'V-cards'