How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift debuts 'Wildest Dreams' music video before the VMAs
- Nick Jonas crushes the VMA red carpet with 'Levels' performance
- T-Pain took over EW's Instagram for the VMAs
- 5 Seconds of Summer wins 2015 Song of the Summer VMA for 'She's Kinda Hot'
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!