How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Lifetime making Britney Spears biopic
- Delta to stop airing Chris Rock special containing anti-gay slur
- Donald Trump slams famous Hillary supporters as 'not hot anymore'
- 'Stranger Things' and 'Parks & Rec': Jean-Ralphio is Steve's son, star says
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...