How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos
- Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes