How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!