How cheesy can you get? These tapes, supposedly a distillation of great musical performances from Grammy Award shows (released to ride this year’s Grammy buzz), go back only as far as 1980. What’s more, they include lip-synched and semi-lip-synched moments as well as live ones. Worse, the songs have been selected for no particular reason and slapped together in no particular order, musical or chronological. A few of these numbers set off sparks: Michael Jackson’s limber-limbed medley of ”Man in the Mirror” and ”The Way You Make Me Feel” on volume 1, or Whitney Houston’s shout-out of ”One Moment in Time” from volume 2. But the good stuff among these ”great moments” isn’t worth the price of admission. ”Vol. 1”: C; ”Vol. 2”: C-
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher got married this weekend
- Blur's Damon Albarn carried offstage at Denmark fest
- Someone made a cool trailer for Netflix's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' -- but it wasn't Netflix
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner says comic backstory will be revealed in season 6
- Ridley Scott talks turning Philip K. Dick's 'The Man in the High Castle' into 10-episode series
- Exclusive: Subway tunnel rave turns deadly in 'Survive the Night' trailer
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: New details
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!