The smell of sour mid-’80s glitz clings to For Love or Moneylike stale beer on a frathouse floor. In this comedy, Michael J. Fox plays a concierge at a posh Fifth Avenue hotel who caters to the whims of monied guests but dreams of building his own four-star hostelry (on the ruins of a 19th-century smallpox hospital, New York history buffs will ominously note). He pins his hopes to a caddish entrepeneur (Anthony Higgins) but makes the mistake of falling for the man’s mistress (Gabrielle Anwar). A stronger lead actress might have helped put this dated Trumpery over, but in fairness it’s hard to say whether the problem is Anwar’s inexperience or her character’s stupidity. As for Fox, his genial pep is put to the test. ”I’m not going to be a 59-year-old bellhop,” he says at one point. The way things are going, Michael, anything’s possible.
For Love or MoneyThe smell of sour mid-'80s glitz clings to For Love or Moneylike stale beer on a frathouse floor. In this comedy, Michael J. Fox plays a...For Love or MoneyComedy, RomanceLawrence Konner, Mark RosenthalPGThe smell of sour mid-'80s glitz clings to For Love or Moneylike stale beer on a frathouse floor. In this comedy, Michael J. Fox plays a...1994-02-18Gabrielle AnwarAnthony HigginsGabrielle Anwar, Anthony Higgins
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Michael J. Fox, Gabrielle Anwar, Anthony Higgins; Director: Barry Sonnenfeld; Author: Lawrence Konner, Mark Rosenthal; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ghostbusters' Leslie Jones celebrates birthday with special Ecto-1 cake
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!