Branigan’s 1982 hit, ”Gloria,” took disco to operatic extremes, and her ‘84 ”Self Control” was basically Joy Division’s Goth-punk classic, ”She’s Lost Control,” made more lurid. Nowadays, Branigan is beating Celine Dion at Dion’s own game, dancing between a loudly sung boom and a lonely housewife gloom. On Over My Heart, she climbs out on a new limb, belting out lyrics in Spanish and a South African dialect. But she’s still rending hearts, especially when she remembers the day her family moved away from her best friend in a ‘59 station wagon.
Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...1994-02-18
Lead Performer: Laura Branigan; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'