Branigan’s 1982 hit, ”Gloria,” took disco to operatic extremes, and her ‘84 ”Self Control” was basically Joy Division’s Goth-punk classic, ”She’s Lost Control,” made more lurid. Nowadays, Branigan is beating Celine Dion at Dion’s own game, dancing between a loudly sung boom and a lonely housewife gloom. On Over My Heart, she climbs out on a new limb, belting out lyrics in Spanish and a South African dialect. But she’s still rending hearts, especially when she remembers the day her family moved away from her best friend in a ‘59 station wagon.
Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...1994-02-18
Lead Performer: Laura Branigan; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- Eddie Redmayne: 'The Danish Girl' was 'an extraordinary experience'
- Meet the new Transporter: Ed Skrein has refueled the action franchise
- 6 times Cate Blanchett transformed to play real people on the big screen
- Black Sabbath announce farewell tour
- 'Spectre' poster: James Bond is dressed to kill
- 'Empire' releases two new songs including collaboration with Pitbull & Ne-Yo
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!