Branigan’s 1982 hit, ”Gloria,” took disco to operatic extremes, and her ‘84 ”Self Control” was basically Joy Division’s Goth-punk classic, ”She’s Lost Control,” made more lurid. Nowadays, Branigan is beating Celine Dion at Dion’s own game, dancing between a loudly sung boom and a lonely housewife gloom. On Over My Heart, she climbs out on a new limb, belting out lyrics in Spanish and a South African dialect. But she’s still rending hearts, especially when she remembers the day her family moved away from her best friend in a ‘59 station wagon.
Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...1994-02-18
Lead Performer: Laura Branigan; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- There will be magazine cover drama in Lifetime's 'Melrose Place' movie
- 'Blindspot' gets full season order
- Celebs share sage advice for EW's 25th birthday: 'Stop staying out late'
- 'Teen Wolf' at Comic Con: Chris isn't the only Argent returning
- What we learned from the 'Mr. Robot' New York Comic-Con panel
- The Walk reviews: What did the critics say?
- See the trailer for 'Teen Wolf' season 5B