Branigan’s 1982 hit, ”Gloria,” took disco to operatic extremes, and her ‘84 ”Self Control” was basically Joy Division’s Goth-punk classic, ”She’s Lost Control,” made more lurid. Nowadays, Branigan is beating Celine Dion at Dion’s own game, dancing between a loudly sung boom and a lonely housewife gloom. On Over My Heart, she climbs out on a new limb, belting out lyrics in Spanish and a South African dialect. But she’s still rending hearts, especially when she remembers the day her family moved away from her best friend in a ‘59 station wagon.
Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...Over My Heart Branigan's 1982 hit, ''Gloria,'' took disco to operatic extremes, and her '84 ''Self Control'' was basically Joy Division's Goth-punk classic, ''She's...1994-02-18
Lead Performer: Laura Branigan; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!