Other in-your-face antiheroes soon to be swimming mainstream: Former Misfits and Samhain frontman Glenn Danzig -one of the few punk- rockers more pumped up than Rollins-has earned the admiration of cultural cognoscenti Beavis and Butt-head as well as MTV ”Buzz Bin” rotation for his band Danzig’s ”Mother” video. An upcoming album should cement his hair- whipping following. A breakout performance on the 1991 inaugural Lollapalooza tour anointed Trent Reznor, the wiry heart of industrialists Nine Inch Nails (who have a third album due in March), with cult-idol status. And the timely, fierce independence of Chicago’s Liz Phair should vault her off critics’ lists and onto ”voice of a generation” magazine layouts.
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?