Other in-your-face antiheroes soon to be swimming mainstream: Former Misfits and Samhain frontman Glenn Danzig -one of the few punk- rockers more pumped up than Rollins-has earned the admiration of cultural cognoscenti Beavis and Butt-head as well as MTV ”Buzz Bin” rotation for his band Danzig’s ”Mother” video. An upcoming album should cement his hair- whipping following. A breakout performance on the 1991 inaugural Lollapalooza tour anointed Trent Reznor, the wiry heart of industrialists Nine Inch Nails (who have a third album due in March), with cult-idol status. And the timely, fierce independence of Chicago’s Liz Phair should vault her off critics’ lists and onto ”voice of a generation” magazine layouts.
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- The 10 most influential pop culture moments since 1990
- 'Nashville': Lennon and Maisy on 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye'
- Matt Bomer dishes on getting naked for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Wolf by Wolf' author Ryan Graudin shares an excerpt and reveals plans for a sequel -- exclusive
- See how special effects helped bring 'Sicario' to life
- 'Toy Story 4' release delayed a year
- '12 Monkeys': Check out the first season 2 footage