So deeply lame is Pauly Shore’s whiny baby-freak shtick that he doesn’t qualify as a ”comedian” — he’s merely that bane of the Television Age, a ”personality.” Even if he doesn’t make your flesh shimmy in revulsion, Shore’s latest feature, Son-In-Law, is a mirthless embarrassment in which he follows college girlfriend Carla Gugino back to the farm and wins her family over to the cause of his mewling, unfocused idiocy. God, I miss Pee-wee Herman.
Son-In-LawSo deeply lame is Pauly Shore's whiny baby-freak shtick that he doesn't qualify as a ''comedian'' — he's merely that bane of the Television Age, a '...Son-In-LawComedyPG-13So deeply lame is Pauly Shore's whiny baby-freak shtick that he doesn't qualify as a ''comedian'' — he's merely that bane of the Television Age, a '...1994-02-18Carla GuginoLane SmithCarla Gugino, Lane Smith
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Pauly Shore, Carla Gugino, Lane Smith; Director: Steve Rash; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted February 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters