If I were a 9-year-old boy, there’s a possibility I’d find this little fantasy on the theme of rampant consumerism sort of cool, especially because the junior hero (Brian Bonsall, formerly the toddler on Family Ties) gets to say the word butt a lot. He also gets to noodle around on an impressive, gee-let’s-buy-one! Macintosh computer. Because I’m not a 9-year-old boy, however, this story of a kid who acquires a blank check, cashes it for a million bucks, spends it all, and learns that having stuff isn’t nearly as satisfying as having a father’s love comes across as a calculated, mechanical production owing much too much to Home Alone. Love the Mac, though; wish I could afford one.
Blank Check If I were a 9-year-old boy, there's a possibility I'd find this little fantasy on the theme of rampant consumerism sort of cool, especially because...Blank CheckKids and Family, ComedyPG If I were a 9-year-old boy, there's a possibility I'd find this little fantasy on the theme of rampant consumerism sort of cool, especially because...1994-03-04Miguel FerrerKaren DuffyMiguel Ferrer, Karen Duffy
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Brian Bonsall, Miguel Ferrer, Karen Duffy; Director: Rupert Wainwright; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!