Pity poor Christy Turlington. ”You may think it’s all glitz and glamour,” says the supermodel in Lifetime’s Christy Turlington Backstage, ”but it’s just really hard work.” Perhaps that’s why this one-hour documentary, filmed during the 1993 fashion shows, paints such an unflattering portrait of the world’s prettiest profession. Turlington goes from runway to runway with barely enough time to eat or sleep. Among the more revealing (or tedious) points: *Number of times designers poke her with pins: 11 *Number of times a designer thanks her : 3 *Number of times she addresses queries about her tumultous love life: 2 *Number of cameos by former flame Christian Slater: 3 (once on the phone) *Number of ”bijoux-bijoux” kisses she must dole out: 12 *Number of runway struts: 50 *Number of times she’s seen eating (a Nathan’s sandwich with cole slaw, mashed potatoes, and a diet Coke with lots of ice): 1 *Number of times she enjoys herself: 1 -JS
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?