Pity poor Christy Turlington. ”You may think it’s all glitz and glamour,” says the supermodel in Lifetime’s Christy Turlington Backstage, ”but it’s just really hard work.” Perhaps that’s why this one-hour documentary, filmed during the 1993 fashion shows, paints such an unflattering portrait of the world’s prettiest profession. Turlington goes from runway to runway with barely enough time to eat or sleep. Among the more revealing (or tedious) points: *Number of times designers poke her with pins: 11 *Number of times a designer thanks her : 3 *Number of times she addresses queries about her tumultous love life: 2 *Number of cameos by former flame Christian Slater: 3 (once on the phone) *Number of ”bijoux-bijoux” kisses she must dole out: 12 *Number of runway struts: 50 *Number of times she’s seen eating (a Nathan’s sandwich with cole slaw, mashed potatoes, and a diet Coke with lots of ice): 1 *Number of times she enjoys herself: 1 -JS
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!