Pity poor Christy Turlington. ”You may think it’s all glitz and glamour,” says the supermodel in Lifetime’s Christy Turlington Backstage, ”but it’s just really hard work.” Perhaps that’s why this one-hour documentary, filmed during the 1993 fashion shows, paints such an unflattering portrait of the world’s prettiest profession. Turlington goes from runway to runway with barely enough time to eat or sleep. Among the more revealing (or tedious) points: *Number of times designers poke her with pins: 11 *Number of times a designer thanks her : 3 *Number of times she addresses queries about her tumultous love life: 2 *Number of cameos by former flame Christian Slater: 3 (once on the phone) *Number of ”bijoux-bijoux” kisses she must dole out: 12 *Number of runway struts: 50 *Number of times she’s seen eating (a Nathan’s sandwich with cole slaw, mashed potatoes, and a diet Coke with lots of ice): 1 *Number of times she enjoys herself: 1 -JS
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?