VARIOUS ARTISTS Max Weinberg Presents: Let There Be Drums! (Rhino) The concept for this album-three volumes of great drummers’ performances-sounds like a bad joke. But rock & roll is first and foremost a great beat, so former E Streeter Max Weinberg’s compilation pays homage to the aces-Roger Hawkins (Percy Sledge’s ”When a Man Loves a Woman”) and Milt Turner (Ray Charles’ ”What’d I Say”)-whose masterful grooves drive those classics. Though Elvis’ drummer D.J. Fontana and Ringo Starr’s Beatles years are missing, Let There Be Drums is an otherwise complete rock- history lesson that doubles as a thumping party set. Vols. 1 and 2: A- Vol. 3: B -Bob Cannon
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox orders Lethal Weapon pilot starring Damon Wayans
- See the first trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime comedy 'Roadies'
- 'Night Manager' trailer: Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie team for AMC miniseries
- What To Watch This Weekend: 'Vinyl' wants to rock your Sunday
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Zoolander No. 2'
- 'Veep': See the first teaser trailer for season 5
- Norman Reedus: Get ready for a 'super pissed off' Daryl on 'The Walking Dead'