Overlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan’s Heroes) plays Duff Anderson, a black man trying to break his family’s cycle of neglect and self-loathing while maintaining his dignity in racially intolerant Alabama. Filmed in black and white during the tumultuous civil rights era, Nothing offers a subtle lesson in individual and community responsibility. Plus, jazz great Abbey Lincoln costars as Duff’s demure and patient wife.
Nothing But a ManOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's HeroesNothing But a ManDramaUnratedOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's Heroes1994-03-04Julius HarrisYaphet KottoJulius Harris, Yaphet Kotto
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ivan Dixon, Abbey Lincoln, Julius Harris, Yaphet Kotto; Director: Michael Roemer; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!