Overlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan’s Heroes) plays Duff Anderson, a black man trying to break his family’s cycle of neglect and self-loathing while maintaining his dignity in racially intolerant Alabama. Filmed in black and white during the tumultuous civil rights era, Nothing offers a subtle lesson in individual and community responsibility. Plus, jazz great Abbey Lincoln costars as Duff’s demure and patient wife.
Nothing But a ManOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's HeroesNothing But a ManDramaUnratedOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's Heroes1994-03-04Julius HarrisYaphet KottoJulius Harris, Yaphet Kotto
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ivan Dixon, Abbey Lincoln, Julius Harris, Yaphet Kotto; Director: Michael Roemer; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!