Overlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan’s Heroes) plays Duff Anderson, a black man trying to break his family’s cycle of neglect and self-loathing while maintaining his dignity in racially intolerant Alabama. Filmed in black and white during the tumultuous civil rights era, Nothing offers a subtle lesson in individual and community responsibility. Plus, jazz great Abbey Lincoln costars as Duff’s demure and patient wife.
Nothing But a ManOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's HeroesNothing But a ManDramaUnratedOverlooked for nearly 30 years, the compelling Nothing But a Man is a treasure of African-American film. Ivan Dixon (Hogan's Heroes1994-03-04Julius HarrisYaphet KottoJulius Harris, Yaphet Kotto
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ivan Dixon, Abbey Lincoln, Julius Harris, Yaphet Kotto; Director: Michael Roemer; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 4 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!