Lame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You’d think that 1991’s awful Prayer of the Rollerboys would have taught somebody a lesson, but no: Now we get Airborne, a more down-to-earth examination of rollerblading. High production values and a moderately appealing cast do nothing to ameliorate the tedium. The hero’s an L.A. surfer transplanted to Cincinnati, and his blading abilities eventually win the hearts of — oh, do I really have to go on? The sappy concoction concludes with a genuinely impressive race sequence, but it’s not worth the wait. D
AirborneLame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You'd think that 1991's awful AirborneDrama, SportsPGLame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You'd think that 1991's awful 1994-03-11Jack BlackEdie McClurgJack Black, Edie McClurg
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Seth Green, Shane McDermott, Jack Black, Edie McClurg; Director: Rob Bowman; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted March 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!