Lame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You’d think that 1991’s awful Prayer of the Rollerboys would have taught somebody a lesson, but no: Now we get Airborne, a more down-to-earth examination of rollerblading. High production values and a moderately appealing cast do nothing to ameliorate the tedium. The hero’s an L.A. surfer transplanted to Cincinnati, and his blading abilities eventually win the hearts of — oh, do I really have to go on? The sappy concoction concludes with a genuinely impressive race sequence, but it’s not worth the wait. D
AirborneLame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You'd think that 1991's awful AirborneDrama, SportsPGLame attempts to cash in on the latest nifty teen sport or dance craze are part of a time-demeaned Hollywood tradition. You'd think that 1991's awful 1994-03-11Jack BlackEdie McClurgJack Black, Edie McClurg
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Seth Green, Shane McDermott, Jack Black, Edie McClurg; Director: Rob Bowman; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted March 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!