The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man’s final days. ”I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget everything except you in your black dress with your white pearls, a coy smile on your lips.” But Peter Peterson can’t forget (nor will you) his unforgivable revenge against a rival suitor half a century ago in Nazi-occupied Denmark. The plot of this precarious voyage through Peterson’s loathsome mind can’t be told without hurting Absolution, but Ólafsson’s English-language debut (he’s a best-selling Icelandic author) is formidably written. Ólafsson traps us into mourning the monstrous Peterson, and identifying with him too closely for comfort. A
Absolution The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man's final days. ''I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget...AbsolutionFictionOlafur Johann Olafsson The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man's final days. ''I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget...1994-03-18
Genre: Fiction; Author: Olafur Johann Olafsson
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!