The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man’s final days. ”I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget everything except you in your black dress with your white pearls, a coy smile on your lips.” But Peter Peterson can’t forget (nor will you) his unforgivable revenge against a rival suitor half a century ago in Nazi-occupied Denmark. The plot of this precarious voyage through Peterson’s loathsome mind can’t be told without hurting Absolution, but Ólafsson’s English-language debut (he’s a best-selling Icelandic author) is formidably written. Ólafsson traps us into mourning the monstrous Peterson, and identifying with him too closely for comfort. A
Absolution The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man's final days. ''I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget...AbsolutionFictionOlafur Johann Olafsson The spellbinding memoirs of a vile old man's final days. ''I wish to disappear in peace and forget what was and what could have been, forget...1994-03-18
Genre: Fiction; Author: Olafur Johann Olafsson
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- The music we loved this week
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!