All those trendy Hollywood save-the-rain-forest, vegetarian, antifur types are about to get a rude awakening: This week Comedy Central’s rambunctious chat show Politically Incorrect leaves its New York studio for L.A. for four live shows and an Academy Awards special. Among the panelists who’ll be arguing about the Oscars and other topics (like whether ”secondhand television” is as dangerous as secondhand smoke): Kelsey Grammer, Tim Allen, Ed Asner, Grant Tinker, Dick Clark, Tom Hayden, Quentin Tarantino, and the incomparable Shelley Winters. ”I insisted on getting her,” says PI’s charmingly abrasive host, stand-up comic Bill Maher. ”She’s won three Oscars and was politically incorrect three decades before the term was even invented.” Note: You can get an extra dose of Maher in his Oscar-night report for NBC’s The Tonight Show.
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' teaser shows first footage, announces trailer date
- See Jennifer Lawrence rock out at Adele's Los Angeles concert
- Ryan Reynolds helps young 'Deadpool' fan battling cancer
- See Leslie Jones describe her perfect man on 'SNL'
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards
- Box office: 'Deadpool' shatters records with $135 million
- See Ronda Rousey's 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue cover