All those trendy Hollywood save-the-rain-forest, vegetarian, antifur types are about to get a rude awakening: This week Comedy Central’s rambunctious chat show Politically Incorrect leaves its New York studio for L.A. for four live shows and an Academy Awards special. Among the panelists who’ll be arguing about the Oscars and other topics (like whether ”secondhand television” is as dangerous as secondhand smoke): Kelsey Grammer, Tim Allen, Ed Asner, Grant Tinker, Dick Clark, Tom Hayden, Quentin Tarantino, and the incomparable Shelley Winters. ”I insisted on getting her,” says PI’s charmingly abrasive host, stand-up comic Bill Maher. ”She’s won three Oscars and was politically incorrect three decades before the term was even invented.” Note: You can get an extra dose of Maher in his Oscar-night report for NBC’s The Tonight Show.
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex
- Exclusive clip will make you fall hard for 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl's middle school fan letter to Ian MacKaye surfaces
- Idris Elba's Nelson Mandela documentary to air on A+E