All those trendy Hollywood save-the-rain-forest, vegetarian, antifur types are about to get a rude awakening: This week Comedy Central’s rambunctious chat show Politically Incorrect leaves its New York studio for L.A. for four live shows and an Academy Awards special. Among the panelists who’ll be arguing about the Oscars and other topics (like whether ”secondhand television” is as dangerous as secondhand smoke): Kelsey Grammer, Tim Allen, Ed Asner, Grant Tinker, Dick Clark, Tom Hayden, Quentin Tarantino, and the incomparable Shelley Winters. ”I insisted on getting her,” says PI’s charmingly abrasive host, stand-up comic Bill Maher. ”She’s won three Oscars and was politically incorrect three decades before the term was even invented.” Note: You can get an extra dose of Maher in his Oscar-night report for NBC’s The Tonight Show.
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star
- 'Jem and the Holograms' tribute album out this week
- This Taylor Swift 'Harry Potter' mash-up video is too good to be true
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith respond to rumors they're divorcing
- Marg Helgenberger teases 'CSI' finale with behind-the-scenes reunion photos