All those trendy Hollywood save-the-rain-forest, vegetarian, antifur types are about to get a rude awakening: This week Comedy Central’s rambunctious chat show Politically Incorrect leaves its New York studio for L.A. for four live shows and an Academy Awards special. Among the panelists who’ll be arguing about the Oscars and other topics (like whether ”secondhand television” is as dangerous as secondhand smoke): Kelsey Grammer, Tim Allen, Ed Asner, Grant Tinker, Dick Clark, Tom Hayden, Quentin Tarantino, and the incomparable Shelley Winters. ”I insisted on getting her,” says PI’s charmingly abrasive host, stand-up comic Bill Maher. ”She’s won three Oscars and was politically incorrect three decades before the term was even invented.” Note: You can get an extra dose of Maher in his Oscar-night report for NBC’s The Tonight Show.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Ant-Man' to play at Montreal's Fantasia Festival
- Gwar is releasing an official book about Gwar
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- Samantha Bee debriefs about The Daily Show, her new TBS comedy, and her soul
- Lifetime launches initiative to promote women in the entertainment industry
- Khloe Kardashian confirms Kylie Jenner had some help with those plump lips
- 'Bones' preview: 'They could be executing an innocent man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!