The Chase could have been a zippy send-up of routine car-chase movies, you-are-there TV cop shows, and sensationalized local news coverage. Instead, it’s a case of faulty transmission — a movie that never gets into gear. As a reckless but innocent loner who hijacks a car and leads police in high-speed pursuit from San Diego to Tijuana, Charlie Sheen can’t decide whether to be cool or a cutup. As the hostage who falls in love with him by the time they reach the Mexican border, Kristy Swanson can’t decide whether to scream or whine. With wasted appearances by hip characters including Henry Rollins, Josh Mostel, Cary Elwes, and Anthony Kiedis and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers. D
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Charlie Sheen, Kristy Swanson, Cary Elwes, Flea, Anthony Kiedis, Josh Mostel, Henry Rollins; Director: Adam Rifkin; Author: Adam Rifkin; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- How 'Angel of the Morning' and more made the 'Deadpool' soundtrack
- See the full list of this year’s Grammys performers
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'