The Chase could have been a zippy send-up of routine car-chase movies, you-are-there TV cop shows, and sensationalized local news coverage. Instead, it’s a case of faulty transmission — a movie that never gets into gear. As a reckless but innocent loner who hijacks a car and leads police in high-speed pursuit from San Diego to Tijuana, Charlie Sheen can’t decide whether to be cool or a cutup. As the hostage who falls in love with him by the time they reach the Mexican border, Kristy Swanson can’t decide whether to scream or whine. With wasted appearances by hip characters including Henry Rollins, Josh Mostel, Cary Elwes, and Anthony Kiedis and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers. D
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Charlie Sheen, Kristy Swanson, Cary Elwes, Flea, Anthony Kiedis, Josh Mostel, Henry Rollins; Director: Adam Rifkin; Author: Adam Rifkin; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- YouTube star Michelle Phan to release a digital comic
- How rock and roll has lost its political edge
- 'Castle' taps 'The Neighbors' alum as new series regular
- Dark Horse Entertainment and Universal Cable Production ink first-look deal
- Justin Bieber's highs and lows since his first single dropped six years ago
- Hannibal Buress bombs his 'Daily Show' audition
- Kelly Rowland is playing whose mother on 'Empire'?
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!