Leolo, Jean-Claude Lauzon’s bittersweet shaggy-dog story of a boy (Maxime Collin) growing up in a mad, dysfunctional family, is wildly inventive, subversive, sensual, and filled with compassion for its weird and troubled humanity. Narrated from Leolo’s journals, the film has a striking novelistic quality. ”Solitude is my castle,” writes Leolo, who views his world (a cowardly bodybuilding brother, an immense and loving mother, a father obsessed with the regularity of his family’s defecation) with the clarity and detachment of one who has achieved a fearful and painful isolation even before childhood’s end. A-
LeoloLeolo, Jean-Claude Lauzon's bittersweet shaggy-dog story of a boy (Maxime Collin) growing up in a mad, dysfunctional family, is wildly...LeoloForeign LanguageJean-Claude LauzonUnratedLeolo, Jean-Claude Lauzon's bittersweet shaggy-dog story of a boy (Maxime Collin) growing up in a mad, dysfunctional family, is wildly...1994-03-18
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Ginette Reno, Maxime Collin; Director: Jean-Claude Lauzon; Author: Jean-Claude Lauzon; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones': Which actor is also the best singer?
- Adele dressed up like George Michael on her birthday
- Charlize Theron reveals all about her ultimate female road warrior in 'Mad Max'
- Phil Rudd's AC/DC bandmates haven't contacted him since his criminal charges
- 'Charlie Hebdo' editors get standing ovation at PEN Gala
- The Critics' Choice TV Awards 2015: And the nominees are...
- 'Arrow' preview: Who is Oliver Queen?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!