It’s not unusual for a soap character to come back from the dead as his own long-lost sibling, but it’s rare to return in an unrelated role. Leigh J. McCloskey, though, has done it twice: On Santa Barbara he went from gynecologist/rapist to crusading attorney, and on General Hospital he was a surgeon before becoming Damian Smith, a nefarious, sex-obsessed businessman. ”The daytime audience doesn’t have any trouble accepting it,” says McCloskey, who also played Lucy’s ex-husband on Dallas. This week he moonlights in Accidental Meeting. No stranger to TV movies, McCloskey starred in two ’70s Alexander films about a male prostitute. ”I’m always surprised at how many thirtysomethings relate to those,” this father- of-two jokes. ”I guess I was the hustler for a generation.”
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room