It’s not unusual for a soap character to come back from the dead as his own long-lost sibling, but it’s rare to return in an unrelated role. Leigh J. McCloskey, though, has done it twice: On Santa Barbara he went from gynecologist/rapist to crusading attorney, and on General Hospital he was a surgeon before becoming Damian Smith, a nefarious, sex-obsessed businessman. ”The daytime audience doesn’t have any trouble accepting it,” says McCloskey, who also played Lucy’s ex-husband on Dallas. This week he moonlights in Accidental Meeting. No stranger to TV movies, McCloskey starred in two ’70s Alexander films about a male prostitute. ”I’m always surprised at how many thirtysomethings relate to those,” this father- of-two jokes. ”I guess I was the hustler for a generation.”
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters