It’s not unusual for a soap character to come back from the dead as his own long-lost sibling, but it’s rare to return in an unrelated role. Leigh J. McCloskey, though, has done it twice: On Santa Barbara he went from gynecologist/rapist to crusading attorney, and on General Hospital he was a surgeon before becoming Damian Smith, a nefarious, sex-obsessed businessman. ”The daytime audience doesn’t have any trouble accepting it,” says McCloskey, who also played Lucy’s ex-husband on Dallas. This week he moonlights in Accidental Meeting. No stranger to TV movies, McCloskey starred in two ’70s Alexander films about a male prostitute. ”I’m always surprised at how many thirtysomethings relate to those,” this father- of-two jokes. ”I guess I was the hustler for a generation.”
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'