It’s not unusual for a soap character to come back from the dead as his own long-lost sibling, but it’s rare to return in an unrelated role. Leigh J. McCloskey, though, has done it twice: On Santa Barbara he went from gynecologist/rapist to crusading attorney, and on General Hospital he was a surgeon before becoming Damian Smith, a nefarious, sex-obsessed businessman. ”The daytime audience doesn’t have any trouble accepting it,” says McCloskey, who also played Lucy’s ex-husband on Dallas. This week he moonlights in Accidental Meeting. No stranger to TV movies, McCloskey starred in two ’70s Alexander films about a male prostitute. ”I’m always surprised at how many thirtysomethings relate to those,” this father- of-two jokes. ”I guess I was the hustler for a generation.”
Posted March 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!