Subtitled ”a soap opera,” this clever modernization of Heinrich Marschner’s 1827 opera — in which vampirism has inevitably evolved into big business — is wildly entertaining and unexpectedly erotic, a cornucopia of camp and kitsch, shot with the ceaseless energy of a music video. Even people who don’t care about opera will be won over by The Vampyr: When the characters sing words like ”Oh, s—!” in recitative, all of this sounds hilariously, perfectly at home. A-
The VampyrSubtitled ''a soap opera,'' this clever modernization of Heinrich Marschner's 1827 opera — in which vampirism has inevitably evolved into big...The VampyrMusical, HorrorRSubtitled ''a soap opera,'' this clever modernization of Heinrich Marschner's 1827 opera — in which vampirism has inevitably evolved into big...1994-03-18
Genre: Musical, Horror; Starring: Fiona O'Neill, Omar Ebrahim; Director: Nigel Finch; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- January Jones didn't find 'Mad Men' scene 'creepy'
- Verizon FiOS to offer personalized TV packages
- Meklit serves up brassy office blues in 'Kemekem' video -- exclusive
- Metallica's Kirk Hammett lost his phone -- and 250 song ideas
- TV Land's 'Younger' renewed for second season
- Watch the original 'The Making of Star Wars' documentary
- Adam Lambert premieres 'Ghost Town' lyric video
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!