This Old Fried Green House — what a concept! In A Home of Our Own, Kathy Bates plays yet another big woman with a big dream, a determined matriarch who moves her brood to the Midwest, where she scrimps and saves while the kids actually construct a domicile. Her oldest son (Terminator 2’s Edward Furlong) has to take on fatherly responsibilities in the single-parent household — just as in that old Clarence Carter song ”Patches.” The acting is fine all around, and director Tony Bill (Untamed Heart) doles out the sentimentality in surprisingly palatable doses. So if you go for this sort of thing, you’ll be quite gratified. Me, I prefer ”Patches.” B
A Home of Our OwnThis Old Fried Green House — what a concept! In A Home of Our Own, Kathy Bates plays yet another big woman with a big...A Home of Our OwnDramaPatrick Sheane DuncanPGThis Old Fried Green House — what a concept! In A Home of Our Own, Kathy Bates plays yet another big woman with a big...1994-03-25Clarissa LessigGramercy Pictures
Genre: Drama; Starring: Kathy Bates, Edward Furlong, Clarissa Lessig; Director: Tony Bill; Author: Patrick Sheane Duncan; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Gramercy Pictures
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Man builds a tiny Jurassic Park for his pet tortoise
- Universal schedules third monster movie for Presidents Day 2019
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston have a dance-off at the Met Gala
- 'Scandal': How Kerry Washington's pregnancy could affect the show
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast