Both dopey and insinuating, Beck’s full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the Beastie Boys. His hit single, ”Loser” — with its acoustic slide hook, loping hip-hop beat, and antifolkie aura — might have been dreamed up by a cynical ex-hippie exec to play over the closing credits of Reality Bites. And ”Beercan,” a white-boy rap with bong loads of studio noodling, proves the winning formula isn’t just a fluke. B
Mellow Gold Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...Mellow GoldRock Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...1994-03-25
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Beck; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!