Both dopey and insinuating, Beck’s full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the Beastie Boys. His hit single, ”Loser” — with its acoustic slide hook, loping hip-hop beat, and antifolkie aura — might have been dreamed up by a cynical ex-hippie exec to play over the closing credits of Reality Bites. And ”Beercan,” a white-boy rap with bong loads of studio noodling, proves the winning formula isn’t just a fluke. B
Mellow Gold Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...Mellow GoldRock Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...1994-03-25
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Beck; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- MTV classics 'Laguna Beach,' 'Daria,' and more coming back to cable
- M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'
- 'Suicide Squad' score: Listen to the first track
- 'Preacher': Tulip wants Jesse to do something nasty in exclusive clip
- 5 football docuseries to prepare you for the NFL season
- Bruce Springsteen to release companion album to memoir
- Anna Faris to release memoir, 'Unqualified'
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?