Both dopey and insinuating, Beck’s full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the Beastie Boys. His hit single, ”Loser” — with its acoustic slide hook, loping hip-hop beat, and antifolkie aura — might have been dreamed up by a cynical ex-hippie exec to play over the closing credits of Reality Bites. And ”Beercan,” a white-boy rap with bong loads of studio noodling, proves the winning formula isn’t just a fluke. B
Mellow Gold Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...Mellow GoldRock Both dopey and insinuating, Beck's full-length debut Mellow Gold is total novelty pop, a cheeky mix of Ray Stevens, Falco, and the...1994-03-25
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Beck; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Jackman shares ‘Wolverine’ teaser image and asks for fan input
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!