Olivier, Olivier, Agnieszka Holland’s extraordinary French film, is a multilayered blend of mystery and intense family drama, based on an actual event: A 9-year-old boy disappears one day and shows up six years later as a teenager (Gregoire Colin) — but is it really him? His sister (Marina Golovine) is doubtful, but his now-estranged parents (Brigitte Rouan and François Cluzet) are overjoyed. Holland captures the panicked confusion of a family in crisis and explores the tangled roots of love and affection, and then leads us into an almost unbearably sad and shocking conclusion. A
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Gregoire Colin, Francois Cluzet, Marina Golovine, Brigitte Rouan, Francois Cluzet, Brigitte Rouan; Director: Agnieszka Holland; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Skrillex hints Jack U album at midnight
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!