If you’ve forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden’s photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small-town country stores, barbershops, and places of worship. There’s an eerie sameness to the images, and Plowden plays off the reader’s expectations of the country as much as he frames his own vision. The interiors seem not to have been touched since the ’50s, except for a good cleaning. Pulitzer Prize winner David McCullough introduces the book, writing, ”Plowden records only what he sees, exactly as is….” Small Town America makes the reader — and viewer — grateful for his vision. A+
Small Town America If you've forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden's photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small...Small Town AmericaPop Culture, Coffee TableDavid Plowden If you've forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden's photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small...1994-03-25
Genre: Pop Culture, Coffee Table; Author: David Plowden
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday