If you’ve forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden’s photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small-town country stores, barbershops, and places of worship. There’s an eerie sameness to the images, and Plowden plays off the reader’s expectations of the country as much as he frames his own vision. The interiors seem not to have been touched since the ’50s, except for a good cleaning. Pulitzer Prize winner David McCullough introduces the book, writing, ”Plowden records only what he sees, exactly as is….” Small Town America makes the reader — and viewer — grateful for his vision. A+
Small Town America If you've forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden's photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small...Small Town AmericaPop Culture, Coffee TableDavid Plowden If you've forgotten about the heartland — and heart — of America, Plowden's photographs will restore your faith in the poetry of small...1994-03-25
Genre: Pop Culture, Coffee Table; Author: David Plowden
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!