When not trading quips with David Letterman, comic Calvert DeForest (a.k.a. Larry ”Bud” Melman), 71, can be found at home watching All My Children and One Life to Live. He’s been obsessed for almost two decades: ”I can’t program my VCR, so I watch every day. I also get all the soap magazines. I’m an addict.” His favorite actors are Michael Knight (AMC’s Tad — ”He’s so charismatic. But that twin story line left me puzzled”); Jeanne Cooper (Y&R’s Kay — ”I don’t watch her show, but I’ve met her, and she is a regular doll”); and Jessica Tuck (formerly Megan on OLTL — ”She was so great. I have a small role in a movie (Don’t Stop Now) she’s going to be in”). What about an AMC guest shot? ”Not with all that dialogue. One line I could do. Any more, and I think I would embarrass them — and me!”
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!