When not trading quips with David Letterman, comic Calvert DeForest (a.k.a. Larry ”Bud” Melman), 71, can be found at home watching All My Children and One Life to Live. He’s been obsessed for almost two decades: ”I can’t program my VCR, so I watch every day. I also get all the soap magazines. I’m an addict.” His favorite actors are Michael Knight (AMC’s Tad — ”He’s so charismatic. But that twin story line left me puzzled”); Jeanne Cooper (Y&R’s Kay — ”I don’t watch her show, but I’ve met her, and she is a regular doll”); and Jessica Tuck (formerly Megan on OLTL — ”She was so great. I have a small role in a movie (Don’t Stop Now) she’s going to be in”). What about an AMC guest shot? ”Not with all that dialogue. One line I could do. Any more, and I think I would embarrass them — and me!”
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron's DNC video
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels