When not trading quips with David Letterman, comic Calvert DeForest (a.k.a. Larry ”Bud” Melman), 71, can be found at home watching All My Children and One Life to Live. He’s been obsessed for almost two decades: ”I can’t program my VCR, so I watch every day. I also get all the soap magazines. I’m an addict.” His favorite actors are Michael Knight (AMC’s Tad — ”He’s so charismatic. But that twin story line left me puzzled”); Jeanne Cooper (Y&R’s Kay — ”I don’t watch her show, but I’ve met her, and she is a regular doll”); and Jessica Tuck (formerly Megan on OLTL — ”She was so great. I have a small role in a movie (Don’t Stop Now) she’s going to be in”). What about an AMC guest shot? ”Not with all that dialogue. One line I could do. Any more, and I think I would embarrass them — and me!”
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'