When not trading quips with David Letterman, comic Calvert DeForest (a.k.a. Larry ”Bud” Melman), 71, can be found at home watching All My Children and One Life to Live. He’s been obsessed for almost two decades: ”I can’t program my VCR, so I watch every day. I also get all the soap magazines. I’m an addict.” His favorite actors are Michael Knight (AMC’s Tad — ”He’s so charismatic. But that twin story line left me puzzled”); Jeanne Cooper (Y&R’s Kay — ”I don’t watch her show, but I’ve met her, and she is a regular doll”); and Jessica Tuck (formerly Megan on OLTL — ”She was so great. I have a small role in a movie (Don’t Stop Now) she’s going to be in”). What about an AMC guest shot? ”Not with all that dialogue. One line I could do. Any more, and I think I would embarrass them — and me!”
Posted March 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Canadian fans honor Leonard Nimoy, edit Spock onto bank notes
- 'Downton Abbey' season 6 'the last one'?
- Haim and M83 team up for 'Insurgent' soundtrack with 'Holes in the Sky'
- Stream Clare Maguire's new EP 'Don't Mess Me Around'
- Four Color Zack, DJ Scene team up with M.O.P. for 'Slap It Down'
- Edward Norton stars in John Oliver's fake movie about infrastructure
- Adam Sandler has sole in exclusive clip from The Cobbler