”Over half a million cubic feet of marble,” ”nearly 100 stained-glass windows,” ”Baccarat crystal chandeliers,” ”a medieval banquet hall with 70-foot arched ceilings” — after 90 minutes of this, your eyes glaze over from the flash and immensity of these American attempts to ape European nobility. Only slightly less smarmy than Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, America’s Castles’ video tour of the Gilded Age palaces of the Vanderbilts and their ilk makes you want to seek refuge in a log cabin.
America's Castles''Over half a million cubic feet of marble,'' ''nearly 100 stained-glass windows,'' ''Baccarat crystal chandeliers,'' ''a medieval banquet hall with 70...America's CastlesDocumentary''Over half a million cubic feet of marble,'' ''nearly 100 stained-glass windows,'' ''Baccarat crystal chandeliers,'' ''a medieval banquet hall with 70...1994-04-22
Posted April 22 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big