PRESENTS OF MIND: Drew Barrymore’s impromptu nuptials to club owner Jeremy Thomas came as such a surprise that her costars in the new femme Western Bad Girls found themselves, embarrassingly, without gifts. ”I haven’t gotten her anything yet,” admits co-cowgirl Andie MacDowell. ”I meant to get something, but what do you get Drew?” Costar Mary Stuart Masterson also confessed to being stumped. ”I don’t think she’s registered at Pier One Imports or anything,” says Masterson. Madeleine Stowe, on the other hand, did have one idea: ”I might just get her a big Texas ashtray.” Maybe the actresses should just take a hint from Bad Girls executive producer Lynda Obst and stick to something traditional. Says Obst, ”I got her pink champagne glasses and a bottle of Dom.” Not to worry. Even though Barrymore is a recovering alcoholic who had mere sips of champagne at her wedding, the gift is ”just a keepsake, not something you open,” says Barrymore’s spokesman. What more could newlyweds need?
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- 'New Girl' renewed for season 5
- iLoveMakonnen drops new mixtape 'Drink More Water 5'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' player Shirin tells all
- 'Empire' is TV's hottest new hit. So how does it stay on top?
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Marilynne Robinson expanding Gilead trilogy: 'People should be prepared to say 'quartet''
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!