ODD COUPLE: False Hollywood rumor of the week? That Debi Mazar (L.A. Law) and Paul Reubens (a.k.a. Pee-wee Herman) are engaged. It wasn’t long after the supermarket tabloid The Globe printed the story that Mazar’s agent was getting calls from more respected news outlets that had taken the fictitious story at face value. Reubens, a longtime friend of the actress, decided to play along with the tale by presenting Mazar with a four-carat diamond ring. ”Paul and I are crazy about each other,” admits Mazar, ”and, yes, he gave me a ring. As for it being an engagement, do you believe everything you read in The Globe?”
Posted May 6 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jill Scott says she no longer supports Bill Cosby
- 'Project Runway': Meet the season 14 contestants
- Amanda Peterson, 'Can't Buy Me Love' costar, dies at 43
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!