GONE FISHING: After shooting three films in a row (including this summer’s Wyatt Earp and The War), Kevin Costner plans to take a year off once his $60 million adventure Waterworld is complete. A spokeswoman at the actor’s Tig Productions refused to speculate on how Costner will spend his sabbatical, but here’s a clue: Shortly before the announcement, Costner was spotted fly-fishing in Big Sky, Mont., spending day after day in the icy-cold Gallatin River. ”A very competent and confident fisherman,” says a guide, who notes that the star managed to reel in some rainbow and brown trout. Sounds like he’s hooked.
Posted May 6 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!