GONE FISHING: After shooting three films in a row (including this summer’s Wyatt Earp and The War), Kevin Costner plans to take a year off once his $60 million adventure Waterworld is complete. A spokeswoman at the actor’s Tig Productions refused to speculate on how Costner will spend his sabbatical, but here’s a clue: Shortly before the announcement, Costner was spotted fly-fishing in Big Sky, Mont., spending day after day in the icy-cold Gallatin River. ”A very competent and confident fisherman,” says a guide, who notes that the star managed to reel in some rainbow and brown trout. Sounds like he’s hooked.
Posted May 6 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup