In her 1982 blockbuster, The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley retold the legend of King Arthur from a woman’s point of view. Infusing The Forest House with the same magic, Bradley has created the prequel to her Arthurian tale. Set around a.d. 69, in what was then Britannia, the novel chronicles a period during the Roman occupation when most people were held captive by the conquerors but were still captivated by their native priest-rulers, the mystical Druids. Meticulously researched, The Forest House maintains a dark edge, staying true to the turbulent times. Bradley avoids the all-too-frequent fate of the historical- novel genre: collapsing into a soggy mess. B+
The Forest House In her 1982 blockbuster, The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley retold the legend of King Arthur from a woman's point of view. Infusing ...The Forest HouseHistorical Fiction, FictionMarion Zimmer Bradley In her 1982 blockbuster, The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley retold the legend of King Arthur from a woman's point of view. Infusing ...1994-05-20
Genre: Historical Fiction, Fiction; Author: Marion Zimmer Bradley
Posted May 20 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- Max Joseph shares 10 great songs from 'We Are Your Friends' you can't find on the soundtrack
- Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on 'The Bourne Legacy'
- Michael Shannon channels Donald Trump in exclusive '99 Homes' clip
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!