If there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you’re not going to find it in Arrested Development’s suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home. You’ll get closer with Outkast’s lazy, sprawling grooves on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, its casual funk forged around lines like ”ain’t no thang but a chicken wing.” And it’s about time someone told today’s weed-obsessed youth to ”get up, get out and get something/Don’t spend all your time trying to get high.” A
SouthernplayalisticadillacmuzikIf there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you're not going to find it in Arrested Development's suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home....SouthernplayalisticadillacmuzikHip-Hop/RapIf there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you're not going to find it in Arrested Development's suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home....1994-05-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): La Face
Posted May 27 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels