If there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you’re not going to find it in Arrested Development’s suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home. You’ll get closer with Outkast’s lazy, sprawling grooves on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, its casual funk forged around lines like ”ain’t no thang but a chicken wing.” And it’s about time someone told today’s weed-obsessed youth to ”get up, get out and get something/Don’t spend all your time trying to get high.” A
SouthernplayalisticadillacmuzikIf there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you're not going to find it in Arrested Development's suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home....SouthernplayalisticadillacmuzikHip-Hop/RapIf there is such a thing as Southern hip-hop, you're not going to find it in Arrested Development's suspiciously peppy, idealized version of down-home....1994-05-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): La Face
Posted May 27 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...