In the talk-show ratings game, David Letterman took his Late Show to L.A. and Jay Leno’s Tonight Show ventured to New York City. But Conan O’Brien went no farther than cyberspace to pump up his show’s popularity. As the first guest on NBC Online — a new computer service available to the 800,000 subscribers to AMerica Online — O’Brien deftly fielded questions about everything from his underwear (”I wear briefs over boxers”) to his hair (”My hair is a high-density polymer developed by the good people at DuPont”). The beleaguered star proved fast on his keyboard, answering queries from 229 fans. ”It’s hard to believe that people want to know who my favorite Monkee was,” says O’Brien. But NBC must have liked what he said. The network reportedly plans to renew O’Brien’s show for another year.
Posted June 3 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds wants 9 daughters
- 'Scandal' star Bellamy Young talks Mellie's presidential chances
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday