ABC’s All My Children may rightly be called the thinking person’s soap for emphasizing social messages over sexual high jinks, but when the 24-year-old serial won this year’s Best Daytime Drama Emmy over CBS’ deserving favorite, Guiding Light, even AMC executive producer Felicia Behr was surprised. Though still one of soapdom’s best, AMC has never run so many clunkers at once: Palmer and the chicken restaurant? Pluck off, already. Trevor and Janet? Zzzzzz. At least the ensemble acting remains stellar — AMC is not just “The Susan Lucci Show.” Memo to the writers: John Callahan (Edmund) and Eva LaRue (Maria) sizzle, but reteam stud-puppy Grant Aleksander with the glorious Teresa Blake and I’ll be nodding my head rather than scratching it if you win another Emmy next year.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- David Lagercrantz reveals what it's like to take over the 'Dragon Tattoo' series
- Jimmy Fallon will interview Donald Trump on 'The Tonight Show'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!