ABC’s All My Children may rightly be called the thinking person’s soap for emphasizing social messages over sexual high jinks, but when the 24-year-old serial won this year’s Best Daytime Drama Emmy over CBS’ deserving favorite, Guiding Light, even AMC executive producer Felicia Behr was surprised. Though still one of soapdom’s best, AMC has never run so many clunkers at once: Palmer and the chicken restaurant? Pluck off, already. Trevor and Janet? Zzzzzz. At least the ensemble acting remains stellar — AMC is not just “The Susan Lucci Show.” Memo to the writers: John Callahan (Edmund) and Eva LaRue (Maria) sizzle, but reteam stud-puppy Grant Aleksander with the glorious Teresa Blake and I’ll be nodding my head rather than scratching it if you win another Emmy next year.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: George Lopez has 'white-man problems' in 'Lopez'
- Lena Dunham opens up about endometriosis in Facebook post
- #OscarsSoWhite: Sylvester Stallone was ready to boycott Academy Awards
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Cuba Gooding Jr. on 'ACS'
- Maroon 5 respond to Taraji P. Henson confusing them with Coldplay
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album
- Zayn Malik's 'Pillowtalk' debuts at No. 1