Leave it to “the artist formerly known as Prince,” as his publicists now call him, to never do anything obvious. The Beautiful Experience, a seven-track spin-off of his buoyant hit single “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World,” is much more than a shower of random remixes. Instead, it’s a miniature concept album-musical and emotional variations on the song that lead us into dense forests of funk and back into sunlight, where the unadorned original brings the EP to a peaceful end. A-
The Beautiful Experience Leave it to "the artist formerly known as Prince," as his publicists now call him, to never do anything obvious. The Beautiful ExperienceThe Beautiful Experience Leave it to "the artist formerly known as Prince," as his publicists now call him, to never do anything obvious. The Beautiful Experience1994-06-10
Lead Performer: Prince; Producer (group): Bellmark-Life, NPG (New Power Generation)
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'