Ben & Jerry’s: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor — or, how a growing ice-cream business licked its problems and survived the crunch of competition to land at the top of the cone, uh, heap. There are interesting sprinkles: Ben & Jerry’s makes highly flavored ice cream chunked full of cookies and candy because Ben’s sinus problem means he can’t taste anything mild and smooth. And the company’s agenda of socially responsible causes led to an antinuclear billboard saying “Stop Seabrook, Keep Our Customers Alive and Licking.” But such morsels aside, Ben & Jerry’s ex-CEO Fred “Chico” Lager has written a self-serving parfait that shows how gosh-darn wonderful the company is — a kind of boastful annual report with anecdotes. His sales reports, meeting summaries, personnel problems, and business-speak (“With the emergence of frozen yogurt, we reconfigured the market data…”) just aren’t as enjoyable to read as Chunky Monkey ice cream is to eat. C
Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopNonfictionBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...1994-06-10
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Young Uhtred storms into battle in 'The Last Kingdom' first-look clip
- Mastermind behind Slaughterhouse 90210 reveals how she turned her blog into a book
- New ‘interview’ introduces Lex Luthor Jr. from 'Batman v Superman'
- Paul McCartney drops surprise remix of Michael Jackson 'Say Say Say'
- 'Big' child actor revisits famous scene in Kickstarter promo
- See a new teaser from Netflix's 'Jessica Jones'
- Taye Diggs on writing 'Mixed Me!' for his son: "He shouldn't have to explain himself to anyone"