Ben & Jerry’s: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor — or, how a growing ice-cream business licked its problems and survived the crunch of competition to land at the top of the cone, uh, heap. There are interesting sprinkles: Ben & Jerry’s makes highly flavored ice cream chunked full of cookies and candy because Ben’s sinus problem means he can’t taste anything mild and smooth. And the company’s agenda of socially responsible causes led to an antinuclear billboard saying “Stop Seabrook, Keep Our Customers Alive and Licking.” But such morsels aside, Ben & Jerry’s ex-CEO Fred “Chico” Lager has written a self-serving parfait that shows how gosh-darn wonderful the company is — a kind of boastful annual report with anecdotes. His sales reports, meeting summaries, personnel problems, and business-speak (“With the emergence of frozen yogurt, we reconfigured the market data…”) just aren’t as enjoyable to read as Chunky Monkey ice cream is to eat. C
Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopNonfictionBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...1994-06-10
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop