Ben & Jerry’s: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor — or, how a growing ice-cream business licked its problems and survived the crunch of competition to land at the top of the cone, uh, heap. There are interesting sprinkles: Ben & Jerry’s makes highly flavored ice cream chunked full of cookies and candy because Ben’s sinus problem means he can’t taste anything mild and smooth. And the company’s agenda of socially responsible causes led to an antinuclear billboard saying “Stop Seabrook, Keep Our Customers Alive and Licking.” But such morsels aside, Ben & Jerry’s ex-CEO Fred “Chico” Lager has written a self-serving parfait that shows how gosh-darn wonderful the company is — a kind of boastful annual report with anecdotes. His sales reports, meeting summaries, personnel problems, and business-speak (“With the emergence of frozen yogurt, we reconfigured the market data…”) just aren’t as enjoyable to read as Chunky Monkey ice cream is to eat. C
Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...Ben & Jerry's: The Inside ScoopNonfictionBen & Jerry's: The Inside Scoopis subtitled How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor &...1994-06-10
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade