The time: 9 p.m. The place: Midtown Manhattan. The scenario: While leaving the premiere party for The Flinstones, Free Willy star Lori Petty is swarmed by paparazzi. Acting fast, she escapes into an underground parking lot only to emerge breathless in a group of jaded New Yorkers. Because of her newly blond pixie, they, in turn, mistake her for Madonna. Instead of making another run for it, Petty decides to stand her ground. “I’m Lori Petty,” she cries. “I was in Point Break. I played Geena Davis’ younger sister in A League of Their Own. I’m an actress!” Oh, so that’s how you tell them apart.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade