The time: 9 p.m. The place: Midtown Manhattan. The scenario: While leaving the premiere party for The Flinstones, Free Willy star Lori Petty is swarmed by paparazzi. Acting fast, she escapes into an underground parking lot only to emerge breathless in a group of jaded New Yorkers. Because of her newly blond pixie, they, in turn, mistake her for Madonna. Instead of making another run for it, Petty decides to stand her ground. “I’m Lori Petty,” she cries. “I was in Point Break. I played Geena Davis’ younger sister in A League of Their Own. I’m an actress!” Oh, so that’s how you tell them apart.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ann Coulter slammed at Rob Lowe roast for conservative views
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good