The time: 9 p.m. The place: Midtown Manhattan. The scenario: While leaving the premiere party for The Flinstones, Free Willy star Lori Petty is swarmed by paparazzi. Acting fast, she escapes into an underground parking lot only to emerge breathless in a group of jaded New Yorkers. Because of her newly blond pixie, they, in turn, mistake her for Madonna. Instead of making another run for it, Petty decides to stand her ground. “I’m Lori Petty,” she cries. “I was in Point Break. I played Geena Davis’ younger sister in A League of Their Own. I’m an actress!” Oh, so that’s how you tell them apart.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996