The time: 9 p.m. The place: Midtown Manhattan. The scenario: While leaving the premiere party for The Flinstones, Free Willy star Lori Petty is swarmed by paparazzi. Acting fast, she escapes into an underground parking lot only to emerge breathless in a group of jaded New Yorkers. Because of her newly blond pixie, they, in turn, mistake her for Madonna. Instead of making another run for it, Petty decides to stand her ground. “I’m Lori Petty,” she cries. “I was in Point Break. I played Geena Davis’ younger sister in A League of Their Own. I’m an actress!” Oh, so that’s how you tell them apart.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!