The time: 9 p.m. The place: Midtown Manhattan. The scenario: While leaving the premiere party for The Flinstones, Free Willy star Lori Petty is swarmed by paparazzi. Acting fast, she escapes into an underground parking lot only to emerge breathless in a group of jaded New Yorkers. Because of her newly blond pixie, they, in turn, mistake her for Madonna. Instead of making another run for it, Petty decides to stand her ground. “I’m Lori Petty,” she cries. “I was in Point Break. I played Geena Davis’ younger sister in A League of Their Own. I’m an actress!” Oh, so that’s how you tell them apart.
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game