David Letterman does it. Arnold Schwarzenegger does it. Even Sharon Stone does it. In fact, the new favorite pastime of the stars these days is sucking on a stogie. “There are celebrities smoking cigars where years ago they didn’t want to be associated with tobacco,” says Marvin Shanken, publisher and editor of Cigar Aficionado. “The median cigar-smoker age is coming down like a rock. It’s now a step toward becoming a man.” At Schwarzenegger’s Los Angeles eatery, Schatzi on Main, there’s a two-week waiting list for the star-studded “Cigar Night” ($50 for a four-course meal, two cigars, and port). But Shanken rejects one of the most high-profile puffers: “Madonna is not somebody I would hold up as a cigar smoker,” he says of the singer, who lit up during her notorious appearance on the Late Show in March. “She gives cigars a bad name. She’s no class act.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!