Robin Williams and Steven Spielberg have added a whole new dimension to their long-distance friendship. The director, who’s primarily based in Los Angeles, and the actor, who resides in San Francisco, are video-game rivals, competing often via electronic modem. “They play with a flight simulator and a whole raft of games,” says Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. The director even spent the morning after the Academy Awards at his Universal Studios offices trying to outwit Williams, who, it turns out, played a role in the making of Schindler’s List. “[When we were filming in Poland],” says Levy, “Robin would call Steven up and they would get into some games. It was a way of relaxing in the midst of some very intense activity.” So, who’s ahead? “They’re not keeping score,” says another Spielberg staffer, “it’s just for fun.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!