Robin Williams and Steven Spielberg have added a whole new dimension to their long-distance friendship. The director, who’s primarily based in Los Angeles, and the actor, who resides in San Francisco, are video-game rivals, competing often via electronic modem. “They play with a flight simulator and a whole raft of games,” says Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. The director even spent the morning after the Academy Awards at his Universal Studios offices trying to outwit Williams, who, it turns out, played a role in the making of Schindler’s List. “[When we were filming in Poland],” says Levy, “Robin would call Steven up and they would get into some games. It was a way of relaxing in the midst of some very intense activity.” So, who’s ahead? “They’re not keeping score,” says another Spielberg staffer, “it’s just for fun.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!