Robin Williams and Steven Spielberg have added a whole new dimension to their long-distance friendship. The director, who’s primarily based in Los Angeles, and the actor, who resides in San Francisco, are video-game rivals, competing often via electronic modem. “They play with a flight simulator and a whole raft of games,” says Spielberg spokesman Marvin Levy. The director even spent the morning after the Academy Awards at his Universal Studios offices trying to outwit Williams, who, it turns out, played a role in the making of Schindler’s List. “[When we were filming in Poland],” says Levy, “Robin would call Steven up and they would get into some games. It was a way of relaxing in the midst of some very intense activity.” So, who’s ahead? “They’re not keeping score,” says another Spielberg staffer, “it’s just for fun.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!