For research I’m reading J.L. Dillard’s Black English because I’m writing a book about a white man and a black woman who are finding each other. For pleasure, I’m reading William Styron’s A Tidewater Morning. Styron is one of my favorite writers — I love his use of language. I don’t read a lot, in truth. Recently I read Pat Conroy’s The Prince of Tides and The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. I also read Closing Arguments, by Frederick Busch, which was just wonderful, so spare.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy