For research I’m reading J.L. Dillard’s Black English because I’m writing a book about a white man and a black woman who are finding each other. For pleasure, I’m reading William Styron’s A Tidewater Morning. Styron is one of my favorite writers — I love his use of language. I don’t read a lot, in truth. Recently I read Pat Conroy’s The Prince of Tides and The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. I also read Closing Arguments, by Frederick Busch, which was just wonderful, so spare.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Murray earns his 20 percent in 'Rock the Kasbah' trailer
- Daniel Craig's go-to hangover cure is ...
- IFC postpones episode of 'Documentary Now!' in wake of WBDJ shooting
- Summit's new franchise hero? Julius Caesar
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- Fifth Harmony rock out in a haunted hotel in 'I'm in Love With a Monster' video
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!