For research I’m reading J.L. Dillard’s Black English because I’m writing a book about a white man and a black woman who are finding each other. For pleasure, I’m reading William Styron’s A Tidewater Morning. Styron is one of my favorite writers — I love his use of language. I don’t read a lot, in truth. Recently I read Pat Conroy’s The Prince of Tides and The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. I also read Closing Arguments, by Frederick Busch, which was just wonderful, so spare.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game