For research I’m reading J.L. Dillard’s Black English because I’m writing a book about a white man and a black woman who are finding each other. For pleasure, I’m reading William Styron’s A Tidewater Morning. Styron is one of my favorite writers — I love his use of language. I don’t read a lot, in truth. Recently I read Pat Conroy’s The Prince of Tides and The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. I also read Closing Arguments, by Frederick Busch, which was just wonderful, so spare.”
Posted June 10 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'