Consider Cyberia: Life in the Trenches of Hyperspace an Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test on Ecstasy. In the mad rush to map out the newest frontier of cyberspace, Douglas Rushkoff went to hang out — a la Tom Wolfe — with the people who are making the scene happen. These new Merry Pranksters are computer — literate and business-oriented — not to mention overly earnest. From the technology of Silicon Valley to the paganism of all-night raves, Rushkoff explores virtual reality, new psychedelics and smart drugs, along with other pit stops on the digital highway. Two years in the making, Cyberia manages to capture the dazzling pace at which culture is jacking into the mother of all mainframes, but gets a little lost in the New Agey philosophy that is coming along for the ride. B
Cyberia: Life in the Trenches of Hyperspace Consider Cyberia: Life in the Trenches of Hyperspace an Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test on Ecstasy. In the mad rush to map out...Cyberia: Life in the Trenches of HyperspaceScience and TechnologyDouglas Rushkoff Consider Cyberia: Life in the Trenches of Hyperspace an Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test on Ecstasy. In the mad rush to map out...1994-06-17
Genre: Science and Technology; Author: Douglas Rushkoff
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- 'Mad Men' finale attracts record audience
- Cast your vote in EW's TV Season Finale Awards
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: See brand new footage from this fall's horror comedy
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!