Doom is the most frantic, over-the-top PC game I’ve seen. And now, with a modem, you can take it a step further, blasting through harrowing subterranean mazes and alleys, but it requires strategy. So it’s just gravy that you can play this game on-line against bloodthirsty pals. Once you’ve completed all the levels, fear not. Doom addicts on a number of on-line services have created their own new levels for other players to download, one of which even replaces the game’s beasties with Barney. Happy hunting. A
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!