Doom is the most frantic, over-the-top PC game I’ve seen. And now, with a modem, you can take it a step further, blasting through harrowing subterranean mazes and alleys, but it requires strategy. So it’s just gravy that you can play this game on-line against bloodthirsty pals. Once you’ve completed all the levels, fear not. Doom addicts on a number of on-line services have created their own new levels for other players to download, one of which even replaces the game’s beasties with Barney. Happy hunting. A
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's about Emma and more
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies