Doom is the most frantic, over-the-top PC game I’ve seen. And now, with a modem, you can take it a step further, blasting through harrowing subterranean mazes and alleys, but it requires strategy. So it’s just gravy that you can play this game on-line against bloodthirsty pals. Once you’ve completed all the levels, fear not. Doom addicts on a number of on-line services have created their own new levels for other players to download, one of which even replaces the game’s beasties with Barney. Happy hunting. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!