Doom is the most frantic, over-the-top PC game I’ve seen. And now, with a modem, you can take it a step further, blasting through harrowing subterranean mazes and alleys, but it requires strategy. So it’s just gravy that you can play this game on-line against bloodthirsty pals. Once you’ve completed all the levels, fear not. Doom addicts on a number of on-line services have created their own new levels for other players to download, one of which even replaces the game’s beasties with Barney. Happy hunting. A
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters