Doom is the most frantic, over-the-top PC game I’ve seen. And now, with a modem, you can take it a step further, blasting through harrowing subterranean mazes and alleys, but it requires strategy. So it’s just gravy that you can play this game on-line against bloodthirsty pals. Once you’ve completed all the levels, fear not. Doom addicts on a number of on-line services have created their own new levels for other players to download, one of which even replaces the game’s beasties with Barney. Happy hunting. A
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Heavy metal fans are the most loyal, Spotify says
- James Franco yells about poop in Shia LaBeouf parody video
- Fox News: Why isn't media scrutinizing how Josh Duggar's police file got leaked?
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Miss Congeniality winner Katya speaks!
- Clint Eastwood to direct Capt. 'Sully' biopic
- 'Batman Arkham Knight' trailer teases playable Harley Quinn
- 'Zombeavers' director tackles horror-movie tropes with phony preview for 'The Drone'
Stormtrooper snow angels? Superhero graffiti war? Daniel Picard's 'Figure Fantasy' photos play with pop culture