Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of new kids on the boards on a similar spree and dermatologist’s nightmare in The Endless Summer II. Bleached-blond short-board surfer Pat O’Connell and his long-board-loving buddy Robert “Wingnut” Weaver chase the waves in Alaska, France, Fiji, Java, South Africa, Australia, and Bali, while Brown narrates like the most awesome high school film-club adviser around. “Look out for the 40-pound turd in the road!” he exclaims with typical wit as the boys, on a break, observe elephants in the African outback. The surf footage is pretty, if redundant; the surfers themselves are cute, if limited in their conversational potential. C+
The Endless Summer II Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...The Endless Summer IIBruce BrownPG Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...1994-06-17Robert AugustJeff Booth
Starring: Patrick O'Connell, Robert Wingnut Weaver; Starring: Robert August, Jeff Booth; Director: Bruce Brown; Author: Bruce Brown; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch