Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of new kids on the boards on a similar spree and dermatologist’s nightmare in The Endless Summer II. Bleached-blond short-board surfer Pat O’Connell and his long-board-loving buddy Robert “Wingnut” Weaver chase the waves in Alaska, France, Fiji, Java, South Africa, Australia, and Bali, while Brown narrates like the most awesome high school film-club adviser around. “Look out for the 40-pound turd in the road!” he exclaims with typical wit as the boys, on a break, observe elephants in the African outback. The surf footage is pretty, if redundant; the surfers themselves are cute, if limited in their conversational potential. C+
The Endless Summer II Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...The Endless Summer IIBruce BrownPG Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...1994-06-17Robert AugustJeff Booth
Starring: Patrick O'Connell, Robert Wingnut Weaver; Starring: Robert August, Jeff Booth; Director: Bruce Brown; Author: Bruce Brown; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!