Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of new kids on the boards on a similar spree and dermatologist’s nightmare in The Endless Summer II. Bleached-blond short-board surfer Pat O’Connell and his long-board-loving buddy Robert “Wingnut” Weaver chase the waves in Alaska, France, Fiji, Java, South Africa, Australia, and Bali, while Brown narrates like the most awesome high school film-club adviser around. “Look out for the 40-pound turd in the road!” he exclaims with typical wit as the boys, on a break, observe elephants in the African outback. The surf footage is pretty, if redundant; the surfers themselves are cute, if limited in their conversational potential. C+
The Endless Summer II Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...The Endless Summer IIBruce BrownPG Twenty-eight years after he trailed a couple of beach boys around the world in The Endless Summer, documentarian Bruce Brown follows a couple of...1994-06-17Robert AugustJeff Booth
Starring: Patrick O'Connell, Robert Wingnut Weaver; Starring: Robert August, Jeff Booth; Director: Bruce Brown; Author: Bruce Brown; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- Marvel reveals Amadeus Cho as 'Totally Awesome Hulk'
- This is what it was like when Andrew Garfield worked at Starbucks
- Disclosure go behind the scenes of 'Caracal' and collabs with Sam Smith, Lorde
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!