To lure even more viewers to its NFL games, Fox has enlisted such semi-buff stars as Melrose Place’s Thomas Calabro, Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth, and Living Single’s Erika Alexander and Kim Coles to do 10-second promos that promise ”same game — new attitude.” What’s in it for the stars? ”We’re thinking about having a celebrity skybox at every game,” says Fox executive vice president of marketing Tracy Dolgin. ”It could be the new thing — like being at the Knicks game.” But with all the football fans involved, the scrimmage for seats may be better than the action on the field. ”I worked out a good deal,” says Calabro. ”I get box seats to every game.” Not so fast, says Dolgin: ”If he thinks he’s going every week, we’ve got a problem.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'We aren't perfect, but we are determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'