To lure even more viewers to its NFL games, Fox has enlisted such semi-buff stars as Melrose Place’s Thomas Calabro, Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth, and Living Single’s Erika Alexander and Kim Coles to do 10-second promos that promise ”same game — new attitude.” What’s in it for the stars? ”We’re thinking about having a celebrity skybox at every game,” says Fox executive vice president of marketing Tracy Dolgin. ”It could be the new thing — like being at the Knicks game.” But with all the football fans involved, the scrimmage for seats may be better than the action on the field. ”I worked out a good deal,” says Calabro. ”I get box seats to every game.” Not so fast, says Dolgin: ”If he thinks he’s going every week, we’ve got a problem.”
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!