To lure even more viewers to its NFL games, Fox has enlisted such semi-buff stars as Melrose Place’s Thomas Calabro, Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth, and Living Single’s Erika Alexander and Kim Coles to do 10-second promos that promise ”same game — new attitude.” What’s in it for the stars? ”We’re thinking about having a celebrity skybox at every game,” says Fox executive vice president of marketing Tracy Dolgin. ”It could be the new thing — like being at the Knicks game.” But with all the football fans involved, the scrimmage for seats may be better than the action on the field. ”I worked out a good deal,” says Calabro. ”I get box seats to every game.” Not so fast, says Dolgin: ”If he thinks he’s going every week, we’ve got a problem.”
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!