To lure even more viewers to its NFL games, Fox has enlisted such semi-buff stars as Melrose Place’s Thomas Calabro, Beverly Hills, 90210’s Jennie Garth, and Living Single’s Erika Alexander and Kim Coles to do 10-second promos that promise ”same game — new attitude.” What’s in it for the stars? ”We’re thinking about having a celebrity skybox at every game,” says Fox executive vice president of marketing Tracy Dolgin. ”It could be the new thing — like being at the Knicks game.” But with all the football fans involved, the scrimmage for seats may be better than the action on the field. ”I worked out a good deal,” says Calabro. ”I get box seats to every game.” Not so fast, says Dolgin: ”If he thinks he’s going every week, we’ve got a problem.”
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'