On the Auteurs’ bittersweet sophomore album, Now I’m a Cowboy, singer-guitarist Luke Haines pairs the melodic gifts of Ray Davies with the sardonic soul of Lou Reed as he takes deadly aim at bohemians (”Chinese Bakery”), the rich (”Upper Classes”), and himself (”New French Girlfriend”). The Auteurs’ vision is austere, and joyless, yet curiously compelling. Fans of wryly stylized British pop should take note. A- -TS
Now I'm a CowboyOn the Auteurs' bittersweet sophomore album, Now I'm a Cowboy, singer-guitarist Luke Haines pairs the melodic gifts of Ray Davies with...Now I'm a CowboyOn the Auteurs' bittersweet sophomore album, Now I'm a Cowboy, singer-guitarist Luke Haines pairs the melodic gifts of Ray Davies with...1994-06-17
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Blair Underwood returning to 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': The crazy story behind the cult classic
- Cara Delevingne responds to John Green's essay about rude interview
- Rachel Dratch, Holland Taylor join world premiere of 'Ripcord'
- Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner are truly 'Difficult People' in first trailer
- 'Law & Order' cast describes their show in 30 seconds
- Luke Perry reacts to Lifetime’s 'Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210' project
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!