Every published telephone number in America on four little CD-ROMs, and you still don’t think there’s an information revolution going on? Select Phone allows you to search by name, address, phone number, or zip code: All that tonnage, and I bet you’re going to use it to find out where your old flames are living. Since ProPhone has literally just downloaded the contents of the country’s phone books onto disc, there are plenty of glitches and omissions. My phone number isn’t in there, for instance, but since this is a telemarketer’s dream, maybe that’s not such a bad thing. B
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie