The Sun’s Burial, a dark fable from Japan, trains a harsh, unforgiving lens on gang life in the slums of Osaka, a city still reeling economically and morally from the war 15 years earlier. With relentless violence and only the barest glimpse of humanity, this fatalistic tale is marred only by an unaccountably hopeful ending. B+
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Kayoko Honoo, Masahiko Tsugawa; Director: Nagisa Oshima; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 17 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters