Not since Keith Partridge belted out ”Come On, Get Happy” have music and the sitcom meshed as well as they do on The Adventures of Pete & Pete. The show, which features some of the best alternative music around, chronicles the strange lives of brothers Pete, 15 (Michael Maronna), and Pete, 11 (Danny Tamberelli). Dad owns a driving range, Mom has a metal plate in her head that picks up radio waves, and strongman Artie is always around to rescue Little Pete. Since the show grew to half-hour specials in ‘93, it’s been one of the network’s most popular, helped by cameos by the likes of R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe and tracks by such groups as Ministry and Poi Dog Pondering. It’s now on weekly — one can only hope success doesn’t go to Mom’s head, alongside the plate.
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity