Not since Keith Partridge belted out ”Come On, Get Happy” have music and the sitcom meshed as well as they do on The Adventures of Pete & Pete. The show, which features some of the best alternative music around, chronicles the strange lives of brothers Pete, 15 (Michael Maronna), and Pete, 11 (Danny Tamberelli). Dad owns a driving range, Mom has a metal plate in her head that picks up radio waves, and strongman Artie is always around to rescue Little Pete. Since the show grew to half-hour specials in ‘93, it’s been one of the network’s most popular, helped by cameos by the likes of R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe and tracks by such groups as Ministry and Poi Dog Pondering. It’s now on weekly — one can only hope success doesn’t go to Mom’s head, alongside the plate.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- Outlander exclusive featurette: Find out what married life is like for Jamie and Claire
- Andy Grammer checks in: What it's like touring with his hit ‘Honey, I’m Good’ -- exclusive
- Rihanna's 'BBHMM' was co-produced by Kanye West
- Are your old Harry Potter books worth anything?
- Blur is back: Watch first live performance of 'Go Out'
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!