Not since Keith Partridge belted out ”Come On, Get Happy” have music and the sitcom meshed as well as they do on The Adventures of Pete & Pete. The show, which features some of the best alternative music around, chronicles the strange lives of brothers Pete, 15 (Michael Maronna), and Pete, 11 (Danny Tamberelli). Dad owns a driving range, Mom has a metal plate in her head that picks up radio waves, and strongman Artie is always around to rescue Little Pete. Since the show grew to half-hour specials in ‘93, it’s been one of the network’s most popular, helped by cameos by the likes of R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe and tracks by such groups as Ministry and Poi Dog Pondering. It’s now on weekly — one can only hope success doesn’t go to Mom’s head, alongside the plate.
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big