Not since Keith Partridge belted out ”Come On, Get Happy” have music and the sitcom meshed as well as they do on The Adventures of Pete & Pete. The show, which features some of the best alternative music around, chronicles the strange lives of brothers Pete, 15 (Michael Maronna), and Pete, 11 (Danny Tamberelli). Dad owns a driving range, Mom has a metal plate in her head that picks up radio waves, and strongman Artie is always around to rescue Little Pete. Since the show grew to half-hour specials in ‘93, it’s been one of the network’s most popular, helped by cameos by the likes of R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe and tracks by such groups as Ministry and Poi Dog Pondering. It’s now on weekly — one can only hope success doesn’t go to Mom’s head, alongside the plate.
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!