”Don’t ask me to pick just one,” says singer Gladys Knight, when pressed to name her favorite soap. Since getting hooked about a decade ago, Knight was always one of All My Children’s most vocal celeb fans, but these days, she’s crooning a new tune. ”Now, I watch all the soaps — really,” she insists. ”I could never single one out. I know them all. I mean, I don’t see them every day, but I do scan them.” Knight’s upcoming gigs include not only Pip-less solo engagements in Vegas and other cities, but also a new acting role, as a sexy nightclub owner in Fox’s cop show Uptown Undercover, premiering next fall. She’s not blue about missing more soap time: ”I like being busy — thank you, Jesus! And I keep up with tidbits from all my friends.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Democratic Party approves of Kanye West's presidential run
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!