Jerry Seinfeld was among the many celebs who received honorary degrees this spring, but his appearance at the commencement ceremonies of his alma mater, New York’s Queens College, didn’t exactly get a passing grade from college officials. After he was awarded his doctorate, the comedian delivered a pithy address — focused primarily on campus parking — that clocked in at a scant 1 minute 50 seconds. ”It was a little more casual than I had hoped,” says Queens College spokesman Ron Cannava. ”We hoped he would have taken the opportunity to say more.” A Seinfeld spokeswoman insists, however, ”He was only asked to speak for two minutes.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt