Jerry Seinfeld was among the many celebs who received honorary degrees this spring, but his appearance at the commencement ceremonies of his alma mater, New York’s Queens College, didn’t exactly get a passing grade from college officials. After he was awarded his doctorate, the comedian delivered a pithy address — focused primarily on campus parking — that clocked in at a scant 1 minute 50 seconds. ”It was a little more casual than I had hoped,” says Queens College spokesman Ron Cannava. ”We hoped he would have taken the opportunity to say more.” A Seinfeld spokeswoman insists, however, ”He was only asked to speak for two minutes.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!