The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2