The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!