The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...