The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!