The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- Despite polarizing season 2, HBO still interested in more 'True Detective'
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!