The final sequence of City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold was to end with the three amigos — Billy Crystal, Jon Lovitz, and Daniel Stern — catching Siegfried & Roy in Las Vegas as Jack Palance absconded with the gold. But just 12 weeks before the film’s June 10 release, Crystal decided he wanted a new finale, and dropped the tiger-taming team’s latest shot at immortality. ”The movie was doing great [in previews], but I was not happy,” says Crystal, who cowrote and produced the sequel. ”I [couldn’t] let the movie go out this way. The heroes have to win.” Siegfried and Roy are not taking it personally. ”It’s a fact of life,” says their spokesman. ”It happens all the time.”
Posted June 24 1994 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jake Miller and Cardiknox join EW PopFest lineup
- 'Outlander' exclusive: Meet Fergus as an Adult
- Kim K on Taylor Swift feud: 'I just wanted to protect my husband'
- Read excerpt from new villain anthology, 'Because You Love to Hate Me'
- Animator unearths incredible 'Indiana Jones' cartoon concept
- One Direction's Niall Horan releases first solo single, 'This Town'
- 'The Space Between Us' touches down with new trailer